- List Boxes containing more than 10 000 elements
- Visibility/Invisibility of elements in a List Box or Combo Box control
- Sorted/Unsorted List Box control
- Adding an element onto the browser
In french: ListeAjoute
Adds an element into:
- a memory List Box control,
- a memory Combo Box control.
- To add an element at a specific position, use ListInsert.
- ListAdd can be used on the single-selection and multi-selection List Box controls.
- To add an image into a standard List Box control, use gImage.
- To add elements into a Combo Box control found in a container column of a Table control, use Content.
: The element will only be added to the page displayed in the browser. For more details, see Remarks.
// Ajout de "Dubois" dans le champ "LISTE_ListeClient"
ListAdd(<Control to use> [, <Element>])
<Control to use>: Control name
Name of the control to be used:
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""), the element is added to the List Box control (or Combo Box) to which the current event belongs.
- Memory List Box,
- Memory listview,
- Memory Combo Box.
The name of the List Box (or Combo Box) control to use must be specified.
<Element>: Optional character string
Element that will be added into the specified control. If this parameter is not specified, an empty row is added into the List Box or Combo Box control.
This parameter can contain:
- Carriage Return characters (CR) to add several elements.
- tabs (TAB) to obtain a multi-element List Box control (see Notes).
- the gStoredValue function to indicate the value to be returned when the element is selected.
To add several consecutive spaces, non-breakable space characters must be used: Charact(160).
List Boxes containing more than 10 000 elements
The maximum number of elements found in a List Box control is limited by the available memory (theoretical maximum: 2 billion rows). Nevertheless, filling a List Box control with an important number of elements (more than 10 000) affects performance
To add many elements to a List Box control, it is recommended to use a browsing List Box control (i.e., a list directly linked to an HFSQL data file).
Visibility/Invisibility of elements in a List Box or Combo Box control
To make an element invisible in a List Box or Combo Box control, use gStoredValue
The two following syntaxes are equivalent:
ListeAjoute(<Nom du champ>, [<Élément>])
<Nom du champ>[Indice] = <Élément>
Sorted/Unsorted List Box control
- If the List Box control is sorted, the new element is inserted according to the sort order.
- If the List Box control is not sorted, the new element is added at the end of the list.
The control type (sorted or not) is chosen during the control description ("Details" tab).
rather than ListInsert
to add an element to a sorted List Box control.
The element is added at the end of control, no matter whether the List Box control is sorted or not.
Adding an element onto the browser
When adding an element in browser code, this element is added to the page displayed in the browser only. In order for this element to be added onto the server, ListAdd must be run on the server.
: In "Automatic and immediate AJAX" mode, all you have to do is switch the server process containing ListAdd
to automatic AJAX mode. That's it! No additional programming is required. For more details, see AJAX
- To add elements into a Table control, use TableAdd.
- ListAdd can be used on:
- a column of type"Combo Box" in a Table control.
- a "Table" Combo Box control.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment