- Characteristics of inserted row
- Position of inserted row
- Limits: Maximum number of rows displayed
- Adding rows
- Cascading input
- Browsing Table or TreeView Table control: Modifications in the linked data file
- Browsing Table or TreeView Table control: Inserting several rows
- Editable Table or TreeView Table control
- Inserting images
In french: TableInsère
// Insertion des éléments "Paul" et "Dubois"
// dans la cinquième ligne de la champ Table "TABLE_TableClient"
ResInsertion = TableInsert(TABLE_TableClient, "Paul" + TAB + "Dubois", 5)
<Result> = TableInsert(<Table control> [, <Row> [, <Subscript>]])
- True if the element was inserted,
- False otherwise.
<Table control>: Control name
Name of the control to be used. This control can correspond to:
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""), the control used will be the control to which the current event belongs.
- a Table control.
- a TreeView Table control.
- a Combo Box control with table.
<Row>: Optional character string
Row to insert. This row has the following format:
<Elément de la colonne1> + TAB + <Elément de la colonne2> + TAB + ...
If this parameter is not specified, an empty row is inserted into the control. For a browsing control, the default values defined in the linked data file are taken into account.
<Subscript>: Optional integer
Subscript of the row to insert. The subscript of first row is set to 1.
|Subscript not specified||The row is inserted before the current row. If no row is selected, the row is inserted at the end of the control.|
|Subscript greater than the number of control rows.||The row is inserted at the end of control.|
|Subscript equal to 0||The row is inserted at the beginning of control.|
|Subscript equal to -1||The row is inserted before the current row.|
can be used on:
- a browsing or memory control,
- a single-selection or multi-selection control.
Reminder: Multi-selection is not available for Table controls in classic mode.
This function is available for Table controls in Ajax mode, Table controls in classic mode and TreeView Table controls.
This function is available for Table controls in browser mode only.
The TreeView Table control is not available.
The browsing Table controls are not available in edit. TableInsert
cannot be used on a browsing Table control.
Characteristics of inserted row
- Each inserted element is converted into the type of relevant column.
- To specify no value for an element, use an empty string ("") or 0 (according to the type of column). For example:
TableInsert(TABLE_TableClient, "Dubois" + TAB + "Pierre" + TAB + "" + TAB + "21/06/72")
- If an element corresponds to the calculation result, the numeric expression must be enclosed in brackets. For example:
TableInsert(TABLE_TableCalcul, (53+29) + TAB + (83-21))
Position of inserted row
By default, the row is inserted at the specified position.
- If the control is sorted with the TableSort function, the inserted row is positioned in the control according to the current sort and not the specified subscript.
- If the control is sorted by the user, the sort is ignored when inserting the row. The row is inserted at the specified position.
Limits: Maximum number of rows displayed
The maximum number of rows that can be displayed in a Table or TreeView Table control is limited by the amount of available memory (theoretical maximum: 2 billion rows).
However, we do not advise you to use large Table or TreeView Table controls for performance and user-friendliness reasons (time required to fill the control for example).
To add rows to the end of an Table control or hierarchical table, use the TableAddLine
property is used to determine if the current row has just been created by TableInsert
function (New = True
To perform a cascading input, TableInsert
must be used in the event "Exit from a row" of the Table control:
IF TABLE_TableClient.Nouveau = True THEN
This operating mode is available for Table controls in Ajax mode only.
Browsing Table or TreeView Table control: Inserting several rows
Each time the TableInsert
function is called in an Table control or hierarchical table file, a virtual row is created in the control. The information will be saved in the data file during the call to TableSave
is successively called in the same process without being followed by TableSave
, only the FIRST call is effective (the following calls are ignored). A single row is added into the browsing Table or TreeView Table control.
This operating mode is available for browsing Ajax Table controls only.
Editable Table or TreeView Table control
If TableInsert is called:
- In a control event, the cursor is automatically positioned on the first column to edit in the inserted row.
- In an event that does not belong to the control, (or in another process) GiveFocusAndReturnUser must be used to resume the input in the Table or TreeView Table control.
To insert an image into a Table control:
- specify the name and full path of image to insert. For example:
- specify the path and name of image to insert. The path is relative to the "<Project_Name>_WEB" directory. For example:
// Ajoute l'image située dans le répertoire "WB_MonAppli_WEB"
: The column must be an Image column otherwise the added image will not be displayed properly.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment