- Characteristics of inserted row
- Position of inserted row
- Limits: Maximum number of rows displayed
- Adding rows
- Cascading input
- Browsing Table or TreeView Table control: Modifications in the linked data file
- Browsing Table or TreeView Table control: Inserting several rows
- Editable Table or TreeView Table control
- Inserting images
In french: TableInsère
// Insert the "Vince" and "Moore" elements
// into the 5th row of "TABLE_CustomerTable" control
ResInsert = TableInsert(TABLE_CustomerTable, "Vince" + TAB + "Moore", 5)
<Result> = TableInsert(<Table control> [, <Row> [, <Subscript>]])
- True if the element was inserted,
- False otherwise.
<Table control>: Control name
Name of control to use. This control can correspond to:
If this parameter corresponds to an empty string (""), the control used will be the control to which the current event belongs.
- a Table control.
- a TreeView Table control.
- a Combo Box control with table.
<Row>: Optional character string
Row to insert. This row has the following format:
<Element column1> + TAB + <Element column2> + TAB + ...
If this parameter is not specified, an empty row is inserted into the control. For a browsing control, the default values defined in the linked data file are taken into account.
<Subscript>: Optional integer
Subscript of the row to insert. The subscript of first row is set to 1.
|Subscript not specified||The row is inserted before the current row. If no row is selected, the row is inserted at the end of control.|
|Subscript greater than the number of control rows.||The row is inserted at the end of control.|
|Subscript equal to 0||The row is inserted at the beginning of control.|
|Subscript equal to -1||The row is inserted before the current row.|
can be used on:
- a browsing or memory control,
- a single-selection or multiselection control.
Reminder: Multiselection is not available for Table controls in classic mode.
This function is available for Table controls in Ajax mode, Table controls in classic mode and TreeView Table controls.
This function is available for Table controls in browser mode only.
The browsing Table controls are not available in edit. TableInsert
cannot be used on a browsing Table control.
Characteristics of inserted row
- Each inserted element is converted into the type of relevant column.
- To specify no value for an element, use an empty string ("") or 0 (according to the type of column). For example:
TableInsert(TABLE_CustomerTable, "Moore" + TAB + "Vince" + TAB + "" + TAB + "06/21/72")
- If an element corresponds to the calculation result, the numeric expression must be enclosed in brackets. For example:
TableInsert(TABLE_CalcTable, (53+29) + TAB + (83-21))
Position of inserted row
By default, the row is inserted at the specified position.
- If the control is sorted by TableSort, the inserted row is positioned in the control according to the current sort (and not according to the specified subscript).
- If the control is sorted by the user, the sort is ignored when inserting the row. The row is inserted at the specified position.
Limits: Maximum number of rows displayed
The maximum number of rows that can be displayed in a Table or TreeView Table control is limited by the amount of available memory (theoretical maximum: 2 billion rows).
However, we do not advise you to use large Table or TreeView Table controls for performance and user-friendliness reasons (time required to fill the control for example).
To add rows at the end of a Table or TreeView Table control, use TableAddLine
is used to find out whether the current row was just created by TableInsert
(..NewLine = True
To perform cascading input, TableInsert
must be used in the exit process of a row of Table control:
IF TABLE_CustomerTable..NewLine = True THEN
This operating mode is available for Table controls in Ajax mode only.
Browsing Table or TreeView Table control: Inserting several rows
A virtual row is created in the control whenever TableInsert
is called in a browsing Table or TreeView Table control. The information will be saved in the data file during the call to TableSave
is successively called in the same process without being followed by TableSave
, only the FIRST call is effective (the following calls are ignored). A single row is added into the browsing Table or TreeView Table control.
This operating mode is available for the browsing Ajax Table controls only.
To insert an image into a Table control:
- specify the name and full path of image to insert. For example:
- specify the path and name of image to insert. The path is relative to the "<Project_Name>_WEB" directory. For example:
// Adds the image found in the "WB_MyApp_WEB" directory
: The column must be an Image column otherwise the added image will not be displayed properly.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment