WDZip is used to compress and group your files in archives.
An archive is a physical file whose extension is ".WDZ", ".ZIP, ".RAR", ".CAB" or ".7z". This file groups several files of all types (".pdf", ".fic", ".mmo", ...) automatically compressed.
WDZip manages the ".7z" archives.
An optimized compression allows your files to occupy less disk space and to be easily transmitted on different media (diskettes, CD, Internet, ...).
WDZip allows you to:
- save your files on a regular basis while reducing the storage space,
- simplify the transmission of your files on Internet/Intranet,
- create self-extracting archives,
: All the archive formats can also be handled by the ZIP functions
WDZip can be started:
- from an archive file (double-click a ".WDZ" file for example)
- from WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile: on the "Tools" tab, in the "Utilities" group, click "WDZip".
- by running "WDZip.exe" found in the directory of WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
WDZip cannot be redistributed. WDZip cannot be installed with the applications developed with WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV.
To use WDZip, WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV must be installed on the current computer.
This page is also available for…