Detailed characteristics of an HFSQL Client/Server data file
"Description" and "Properties" tabs
The "Description" tab displays the description of the different data file items (name of the item, size, type, etc.).
The "Properties" tab displays the properties of the data file (physical name, format, protection, etc.).
This tab lists the different users connected to the data file.
The list of active connections contains the following information:
- the user name,
- the computer name,
- the name of the application that accesses the database, etc.
You have the ability to manage the connections from this tab: disconnect the users or send a message to the users.
This tab is used to manage the locks.
The following information is displayed:
- the number of the locked record,
- the name of the user who is locking,
- the name of the locking computer,
- the IP address of the locking computer,
- the name of the locking application,
- the start date of lock,
- the duration of the lock.
This tab is used to view the different records found in the data file.
The popup menu of records is used to handle the selected record: deletion, addition, display mode of the text memos, ...
You can also:
- Delete a record: select the record and click the "Delete" button (or press the Del key).
- Modify or add a record: the input is performed in the table directly. The data file is automatically modified.
The popup menu of records is also used to:
- Delete a record,
- Duplicate a record,
- Specify the display options,
- Print the records.
This tab is used to perform searches in the data file. All you have to do is type the sought conditions and the values in the table of conditions.
The SQL code corresponding to the search can be copied via the "Copy the SQL code" found in the ribbon.
Remark: To perform an SQL search, click "New query" in the ribbon.
This tab is used to view the content of the logs and to perform a search in the logs.
To do so, the data file must be logged.
This tab is used to free a record or all transactions.