- Reading and processing the messages
- Reading the messages
- Processing the messages
- Using the custom folders
- Finding a message
- Writing a message
- How to?
- Typing the message
- Save as incident
- Sending the message
Project Monitoring Center: Managing messages
The management of messages found in the Project Monitoring Center allows you to use the secure messaging included in the development environment of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile (WDBal tool).
This management of messages is performed via a "Messages" tab.
This tab includes:
- the list of messages
- received and pending.
- received with acknowledgement of receipt.
- sent and pending.
- sent with acknowledgement of receipt.
- to write and send a message.
- to filter the messages, to find them, to transfer them, to print them, ...
You also have the ability to manage personal folders to store the messages.
Reading and processing the messages
Reading the messages
The messages are displayed in a table. This table displays:
- The sender.
- The reception date.
- The reception time.
- The number of attachments.
- The first message line.
The following elements are displayed when clicking the message:
- The list of message recipients.
- The message content.
A click performed on the different standard folders (Received and pending, ...) is used to view the different categories of messages.
Processing the messages
The different operations that can be performed on a message are proposed in the ribbon of "Messages" tab found in the Project Monitoring Center.
- perform an AR on the message: the message is read and it was processed. It moves into the list of incoming messages with AR.
- reply to the message. Several possibilities:
- Reply to sender: A new message is created, from the content of the existing message. Only the sender will be the recipient of the new message. You have the ability to add new recipients.
- Reply to all: A new message is created, from the content of the existing message. The sender and all the other recipients will be the recipients of the new message. You have the ability to add new recipients.
- Transfer: A new message is created, from the content of the existing message. This new message has no default recipient. New recipients must be added.
- Print ghe message (directly or via a preview).
- Copy the message text.
- Move the message to a custom folder.
- Perform a search in the message
Using the custom folders
A message can be transferred into a custom folder. These folders appear on the left of the messaging.
To manage the folders: You can:
- Create a new folder via "New folder" in the ribbon or via "New folder" from the popup menu of custom folders.
- Delete a folder via "Delete the folder" from the popup menu of custom folders.
To transfer a message into a folder:
- Select the message in the table.
- Forward the message:
- In the "Messages" tab of Project Monitoring Center, in the "Folders" group, click "To folder".
- Select the requested folder in the list that is displayed and specify whether the transferred message must be considered as being processed ("With AR" option).
Finding a message
You have the ability to perform a search:
- among the incoming or outgoing messages,
- for a specific contributor,
- during a specific period,
- containing specific words.
To find a message:
- Click "Find".
- Specify the search options.
- Click "Find". The list of messages corresponding to the search is displayed. To stop the current search, click the "Stop" button.
The messages found can be processed like any other message. You can:
- send it, transfer it,
- print it, ...
To write a message, go to the "Messages" pane, "Messages" group and click "New".
The window for typing messages is as follows:
- Message recipients.
- Managing images.
- Managing attachments.
- Typing the message.
- Managing incidents.
- Programming the message sending.
- Sending the message.
To type the message recipients:
- Double-click the name of one or more recipients found in the list on the left. The recipients found in this list correspond to the contributors defined in the Project Monitoring Center.
- All: is used to list all contributors. To send a message to all the contributors, you must:
- Select "All".
- Click the "Add" button.
- Standard: is used to group the contributors by department. To send a message to all contributors belonging to a department, you must :
- Select the department name.
- Click the "Add" button.
- The selected recipients appear in the "Recipients" area.
- When clicking "Photos", the list of contributors appears in list format with photos. These photos have been defined in the contributor characteristics specified in the Project Monitoring Center.
- If you know the names of contributors, you have the ability to type them in the "Recipients" area. These names must be separated by commas (","), semicolons (";") or dashes ("-").
A message can be linked to an image. This image can correspond to:
- an image coming from the clipboard .
- an image captured when writing the message .
- an image file accessible from the current computer .
- a white board to fill .
- a scanned document .
Regardless of the image type, it can be edited:
- by clicking the image.
- by pressing Ctrl + E.
The image can also be deleted if necessary.
In addition to images, any type of file can be joined to a message via the "Attachments" tab. This tab lists the attachments linked to the message and proposes to:
- Add: Used to add any type of file to the message.
- See: Used to see the attachment.
- Delete: Used to delete an attachment.
- Take SS: Used to perform a copy of the current screen and to add it in attachment.
Typing the message
The message can be typed in the middle section of the window. A toolbar is used to format the message.
Tip: Writing a path (HTML file or page) automatically creates a link in the message if this path is accessible from the computer. The contributor who receives the message will be able to click this link to open the directory or the page.
Save as incident
The option "Save as incident" is used to save the message as incident in the Project Monitoring Center.
In this case, some options must be filled:
- Contributor to whom the incident is assigned. This contributor must be found in the list of recipients.
- Set of incidents: The different sets of incidents have been defined in the Project Monitoring Center.
- Type of incident: The type of incident can be Incident, Suggestion or other.
- Project: Name of project corresponding to the incident. The different projects have been defined in the Project Monitoring Center.
- Priority incident: Used to give priority to the incident.
- Associating the incident with a requirement: the incident can be associated (or not) with a requirement. You can:
- Link the incident to the current task.
- Link the incident to another task. In this case, the "..." button is used to find the requested requirement.
- Don't associate the incident with a requirement.
The link "Wizard for entering reproduction information" is used to associate the WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile project with the element used to reproduce the incident.
Sending the message
To send the message, all you have to do is click the "Send" button (or press the F11 key). The message is immediately sent to the recipients.
Remark: The "Programmed" option is used to send the message at a given date and time.
The message will be displayed at the specified date and time. This option is useful:
- to avoid disrupting the recipients. By default, checking the "Programmed" option proposes to send the message the same day at the next time.
- to perform a reminder at a specific date and time.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment