- Configuring the dynamic sites and the Webservices
- Available parameters
Remote WEBDEV administrator: Parameters of a dynamic WEBDEV site or parameters of a Webservice
Configuring the dynamic sites and the Webservices
To view the parameters of a specific dynamic WEBDEV site or the parameters of a specific Webservice from the remote administrator:
- In the menu bar, select "Sites" or "Webservices".
- The list of elements found on the WEBDEV Application Server is displayed.
- Select the site or the webservice to configure.
Note: The manager of the Application Server can configure all the sites and Webservices, the users can only configure the sites and Webservices that belong to them.
The available parameters are:
- the maximum number of simultaneous connections to this site:
If this number is exceeded, an error message is displayed on the browser of the Web user, indicating that the maximum number of authorized connections has been reached.
Caution: This number cannot be greater than the total number of connections allowed by the server administrator for all your dynamic WEBDEV sites installed on the server. If this number is exceeded, the maximum number for the current site is automatically reduced.
- the maximum number of connections for the same Web user:
This number corresponds to the maximum number of simultaneous connections for the same Web user to the WEBDEV site.
This indication is important: indeed, if the same Web user can connect several times to the same site (over 100 times for instance), he may consume all the server resources and slow down (or even lock) the access to the site.
If this parameter is equal to zero, any Web user who is trying to simultaneously connect to the same site will be automatically disconnected and reconnected.
If this parameter is greater than zero, an error message will be automatically displayed once the x simultaneous connections have been reached.
- Disconnect the idle users since:
Maximum connection time allowed without any action performed by the Web user. When this time is exceeded, the Web user is automatically disconnected and an error message is displayed.
- Locked for maintenance: When a site is in this status, the Application Server refuses the new connections and interrupts the current connections.
Several buttons are also available:The site characteristics are grouped in several themes:
- General characteristics,
- SaaS parameters
- Location of files for the user groupware
1. General parameters
The site can be Locked for maintenance: When a site is in this status, the Application Server refuses the new connections and interrupts the current connections.
For the next options, "General" indicates that the parameter corresponds to the value selected in the "Configuration" option, "Specific" is used to customize the parameter. You can customize:
- the authorized idle time,
- the duration of AWP contexts,
- the maximum task duration,
- the number of authorized connections,
- the maximum number of connections allowed for the same user,
Versions 20 and later
the maximum number of cached sessions.
New in version 20the maximum number of cached sessions.
the maximum number of cached sessions.
You can also ask to generate a specific log file.
These security options are defined at server level in the "Configuration" option of remote WEBDEV administrator. These options can be customized.
3. SAAS parameters
You have the ability to specify the URL of the SaaS webservice to use. This parameter corresponds to:
- the name of the host of the SaaS webservice (for example, "Computer", "Computer.MyNetwork.fr" , "http://MyDomain.com").
- the full URL of the SaaS webservice (for example, "http://domain.com/WDSAAS250_WEB/WDSaaS250.awws").
4. Location of files for the user groupware
If the site is using the user groupware:
- version 18 and later: specify the location directory of the rights file.
- compatible version: specify the location directory of the rights and users file.
5. Icons for a specific configuration
Several icons can be used to perform a specific configuration:
Click [Add] to post a comment