- How to?
- Starting the impact study
- Finding out the uses of an element in the project
- Applying a change of name to all the elements found in your project
The impact study allows you to immediately find out the consequences of the modifications currently performed. An information window is automatically displayed to present the possible ambiguities, the modifications to avoid...
The modifications taken into account are as follows:
- renaming or deleting an element handled in the project,
- renaming two different elements with the same name,
- adding or deleting a parameter to/from a procedure,
Starting the impact study
The impact study is automatically started as soon as a modification that may trigger a problem is performed.
- creating a control with the same name as another project element:
- deleting a procedure called in the project:
Finding out the uses of an element in the project
To find out the uses of an element in the project:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Audit and performance" group, expand "Static audit" and select "Cross-references".
- Enter the name of the element for which you want to find out the uses in the project.
- Click "Find". The list of uses for the selected element is displayed:
- Double-click one of the uses of the element to view it.
Remark: This window can remain opened while your modifications are performed in the project.
Applying a change of name to all the elements found in your project
To apply a change of name to all the elements found in your project:
- Rename the requested element.
- When validating the new name:
- the corresponding errors are displayed in the "Compilation errors" pane.
- a message is displayed in the upper-right corner of the current environment.
This message proposes to automatically rename all the necessary elements.
The rename operation is automatically performed when this message is clicked.
- To view all the references that will be modified, select "Impact study of renaming" in the context menu of the error:
- You can also start the renaming operation when the new name is validated, by displaying the context menu of the error:
This page is also available for…