- How to?
- Modifying the transparency of windows
- Modifying the opacity of a window in edit
- Modifying the window opacity through programming
WINDEV allows you to apply a transparency coefficient to the windows.
This feature is very useful. It is used to display an alert window or a warning window "above" another window, without stopping the current process.
Let's imagine a monitoring application: whenever an alert occurs, it opens a transparent window displaying a message while the window found underneath remains active and visible.
Let's imagine how you could track urgent emails, monitor assembly lines, ...
Modifying the transparency of windows
The transparency of windows can be modified:
Modifying the opacity of a window in edit
To modify the opacity of a window:
- Display the window description of current window ("Description" in the context menu of window).
- Display the "Style" tab and define the opacity level of window:
This level can change from 0 (transparent window) to 100 (opaque window).
Modifying the window opacity through programming
The window opacity can also be modified through programming with Opacity
Example: Display effects when closing a window:
// Make the window invisible little by little (fade out)
i is int
FOR i = 1 TO 100
WIN_EditWindow.Opacity = 100 - i