- Automatic recompilation of project
- The different project compilation modes
The project compilation is a process used to:
- Check the consistency of the syntaxes used in the database of authorized WLanguage syntaxes.
- Check the existence and the consistency of the identifiers used.
- Prepare the optimized code that will be used at run time.
When changes are made to an element, it is recompiled.
To recompile the entire project, on the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Recompile and synchronize" and select "Recompile project".
During the recompilation, the "CPL" directory of project is deleted and re-created. This directory contains all the compiled codes of the project elements.
Remark: Repairing (or upgrading) the project is used to re-save all the project elements. All project elements are re-saved in the format of the version currently used. The project is then recompiled.
Tip: We advise you to entirely recompile the project before creating the executable or the library in order to check the consistency of the entire project.
Automatic recompilation of project
The different options for compiling the project are grouped in the project description:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- Display the "Compilation" tab.
"Recompile project before generating applications, libraries, components, etc." allows forcing the recompilation of the project before any major operation. This option is recommended for a multiple generation from a project.
This option is also available in all the wizards used to perform a deployment operation (executable creation, library creation, multiple generation, etc.).
The different project compilation modes
Three project compilation modes are available:
- Single-core compilation (standard mode):
This compilation mode uses a single core.
- Compilation in the background.
This compilation mode allows you to continue working on the project during compilation.
- Multi-core compilation.
This compilation mode uses all available cores by default. It is therefore faster than standard compilation.
You can select the number of threads (cores) to use. This allows you to adjust performance to handle special cases and allow other processes to continue to run at a reasonable speed.
To change the project compilation mode:
- On the Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV/WINDEV Mobile".
- In the "General" tab, select:
- the desired compilation mode.
- the number of threads used, if necessary.
This page is also available for…