- How to?
- Enable strict mode
- Operating mode of the strict mode
Strict monitoring of a project
Via the Project Monitoring Center, WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to define the different actions required to create a project:
- Managing requirements,
- Managing tasks,
- Managing bugs,
- Managing business rules.
These different elements are used to schedule and to monitor the evolution and the creation of a project.
During the development, the contributor can specify the current task (from the Project Monitoring Center for example).
In "strict" mode, the developers cannot modify a project element (window, code, query, ...) without having previously specified the task affected by these modifications.
The strict mode allows the project manager and the developer to easily monitor their work. Furthermore, the progress status of the requirements is close to reality: the status progress of a project is always known.
Enable strict mode
To enable the strict mode:
- Open the project description: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- the "Options" tab.
- the "Advanced" tab.
- Check "Enable strict mode".
Operating mode of the strict mode
When the strict mode is enabled, if the developer opens a project element that is not associated with the current task, this element is opened in read-only and a specific panel is displayed to the developer:
By clicking the "Managing the tasks" button, the developer can choose to:
- associate the current task with the element,
- enable one of the tasks associated with the element,
- associate a new task with the element and enable it,
- associate an existing task with the element and enable it,
- perform no action. In this case, the element cannot be modified.
This page is also available for…