Establishes a reconnection to the server for all the interrupted connections. The uninterrupted connections are not modified.
- To use this feature, the HFSQL server and the client application must be in version 14 or later.
- By default, when a connection error occurs, the mechanism for assisted management of errors displays a window or a page allowing the user to reconnect. This mechanism can be customized by HOnError.
- True if the reconnection was performed,
- False otherwise. HErrorInfo returns more details about the problem.
Reconnection to the server
An application can lose the connection to the server for one of the following reasons:
- loss of GPRS link.
- intervention on the network.
- update of the server.
- crash of the server.
- standby of the client computer.
HReconnect allows the client to reconnect to the server without having to restart the application.
The reconnection cannot be performed in the following cases:
- The application includes a transaction in progress. Indeed, the transaction was automatically canceled by the server when the client was disconnected.
- The application has locked the entire data file.
- The application has performed a "read/write" lock on a data file.
- The application has performed a lock in "write mode" on a data file and another application has modified this record while the application was not connected.
- The application performed a lock in write mode with HFirst, HNext, HPrevious or HLast.
- A view or a query is currently filled and a browse was started on this view or query.
In these different cases, <Result> is set to False.
Business / UI classification: Business Logic