- How to proceed?
- Retrieving the modifications
Tooltip of controls (AAF)
In a WINDEV application, the user has the ability to add a tooltip on the controls.
The user has the ability to change the tolltip proposed by default this one is not suitable. Furthermore, the end user can even add a tooltip if no tooltip exists.
Reminder: The button tooltip is defined in the "Help" pane of the description window of control ("Tooltip" option).
To modify the control tooltip, the user can:
- Select "Edit the tooltip" from the popup menu of control. The tooltip text is displayed in modification.
- Use the interface customization:
- Switch to modification mode ("Customize the interface .. Switch to modification mode" from the popup menu of window).
- Select the control and select "Edit the tooltip" from the popup menu of control.
- The tooltip text is displayed in modification.
- If the tooltip is modified by the developer (application update), the customization is deleted.
- In a multilingual application, the tooltip customization is performed for all languages.
- The tooltip customization is ignored for some types of controls: Map, HTML, ActiveX, Cube, ...
- For the Check Box and Radio Button controls, the tooltip customization affects the tooltip of control (and not the tooltip of options).
- To communicate the modifications performed to the developer, all yo have to do is create a ".wdmodif" export file. This file will contain all interface modifications performed in the window. To create this file:
- Display the popup menu and select "Customize the interface .. Export the customization of this window" or "Customize the interface .. Export all the customizations of the application".
- Modify (if necessary) the name of created file and validate.
- Transfer the file to the developer.
The tooltip modification at run time is a feature linked to the interface modification at run time (see GUI modifiable by the end user
for more details).
From version 21, this option is automatically proposed in the applications created or compiled with version 21.
To configure this option:
- Choose whether the option must be configured for the project or for the window:
- for the project. This option will be taken into account for all project windows:
- Display the description window of project: on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "Description".
- In the "Advanced" tab, check (if necessary) "Modification of GUI by the end user".
- for each window. This option will be taken into account for the selected window only:
- Display the window description of window ("Description" from the popup menu of window).
- In the "Details" tab, check (if necessary) "Modification of GUI by the end user".
- The "Options" button is used to specify the authorized options.
- To allow the tooltip modification, the option "Modify the tooltip" must be checked either in the options defined for the project, or in the specific options of window or project.
If this option is unchecked, the end user will not be able to modify the tooltip of controls.
- If the tooltip modification is enabled, you have the ability to disable the direct option for some types of controls ("Edit the tooltip" option available in the popup menu of control), for the project or for the window controls. See Configuring the popup menu of AAFs for more details. The user will have to use the "Interface customization" mode to modify the tooltip of controls.
- To disable or enable the modification of tooltips by programming on a window, you have the ability to use ..WinEditMode associated with the weChangeTooltip constant:
MyWindow..WinEditMode = weChangeTooltip
Retrieving the modifications
To retrieve the modifications of tooltips (as well as the other interface modifications) performed by the end user, all you have to do is open the "wdmodif" extension file in WINDEV:
- by performing a "Drag and Drop" of file in the editor.
- by selecting "Open": On the "Home" pane, in the "General" group, expand "Open", select "Open" then the file to open.
The window that is displayed lists the different modified windows as well as the modification performed.
All you have to do is select the requested modifications in order to apply them to the corresponding windows.
- The corresponding project must be opened in the editor.
- If the window to modify is not opened in the editor, WINDEV opens the window, applies the modifications, saves and closes the window.
- If the window to modify is opened in the editor, WINDEV applies the modifications to the window. The modifications are not saved and they can be undone (Ctrl + Z).