Stops an HFSQL server. Then, the server can be restarted by HStartServer
Remark: To perform this action, the user must have specific rights on the server.
// Describe the connection
HDescribeConnection("MyConnection", "Julia", "Password", "MyHFServer", ...
"MyDatabase", hAccessHFClientServer, hORead)
// Open the connection
<Result> = HStopServer(<Connection>)
- True if the server was stopped,
- False if an error occurred. HError is used to identify the error.
<Connection>: Character string or Connection variable
Connection for which the server must be stopped. This connection corresponds to:
If Client applications are currently used when the server is stopped, an error message ("Server not available") will be displayed during the next action performed by the client application on the server.
Remark: The server may not be restarted immediately once it has been stopped. The operating system does not immediately close the connections already established between the client computers and the server. Simply wait a few minutes (depending on the operating system timeout) before restarting the server.
- To stop the server, the user or user group must have specific rights (hRightsStopServer constant).
- To find out whether a user or a group of users has sufficient rights, use HInfoServerRights.
- To modify the rights granted to a user or user group on the server, use HModifyServerRights.