- Modifying and customizing the search window
- Integration in the application
Multi-control search: search in a window
In a window, you have the ability to perform:
- A search for a word in a specific edit control.
In this case, select "Find" in the context menu of the control.
- A search for a text in the different controls of your window.
In this case, press Ctrl + F and type the word to find.
The search is performed:
- before the version 18: in the edit controls and table rows.
- from the version 18: in all the window controls. All the elements corresponding to the search are highlighted in yellow. The "Next" and "Previous" buttons are used to move between the selected elements.
Modifying and customizing the search window
WINDEV gives you the ability to include the search window used by the AAF in your application. You will have the ability to customize:
- the appearance of this window (modification of skin template for example).
- the languages supported by this window. This feature is very useful when translating this window into the different languages proposed by the application.
Integration in the application
To include the search window in your application:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Import" and select "WINDEV elements and their dependencies".
- Select the subdirectory that contains the elements to import. The search window is located in "\Programs\Data\Preset windows\AAF", in the setup directory of WINDEV.
- WINDEV lists the elements of the directory. This directory contains the different elements corresponding to the customizable AAFs. The elements corresponding to the search window are:
- the "CContextSearch.wdc" class.
- the "WinDevAAF_SearchWindow.wdw" window, for a search performed in an edit control.
- the "WinDevAAF_SearchWindowAllWin.wdw" window, for a search performed in the entire window.
- Validate. The class and the window are included in the project. These elements can be modified. The modified elements will be automatically taken into account during the search performed in the window and/or in an edit control.
- The imported elements must not be renamed.
- If these elements are included in your application, you may not benefit from the improvements performed during the different updates. Don't forget to check whether they have evolved.
- Caution: To modify these elements, the corresponding files must not be read-only. Modify the characteristics of the files in Windows if necessary.