- Configuring the menu
- Configuring the automatic input history menu in an Edit control
- Configuring the input history
Saving entered data (AAF)
In Edit controls, a "Remember" menu allows users to set the options for saving the values entered in the control.
The following options will be available:
- Remember last value entered: If the user selects this option, the last value entered will be automatically displayed in the control each time the window is opened.
- Remember XXX: If the user selects this option, the XXX value will be automatically entered in the control each time the window is opened.
- Remember today's date (Date controls only): If the user selects this option, the current date will be automatically entered in the control each time the window is opened.
- Remember input history: If the user selects this option, the values previously entered in the control appear automatically as the user starts typing.
Remark: This option is available only if the Edit control is bound to an item in a data file. If the input history is enabled, an additional option to clear the history appears.
: The "Remember" option is available in the context menu of different types of controls. This option is used to implement data persistence. The stored data is saved on the user's computer. For more details, see Data persistence
Configuring the automatic input history menu in an Edit control
The context menu of the Edit control can be disabled. To configure the context menu of the Edit control:
- Open the Edit control description window.
- Select the "UI" tab.
- Choose the desired menu in the "Context menu" combo box. You can:
- "Display the menu of AAF (System)": In this case, the automatic menu of the Edit control will be displayed. For more details on how to configure this menu, see Configuring the AAF menu.
- "Add a context menu": If this option is checked, you can select the custom context menu to be displayed.
- If both options are checked, the custom context menu can be added before or after the AAF menu.
- If no option is selected, no context menu will be selected. The <Disabled> option will be displayed in the description window.
- The ContextMenu property is also used to remove the AAF-specific context menu and restore the standard Windows menu for a given control.
- AAFDisable is used to remove some options from the AAF context menu specific to Edit controls.
- to disable the "Remember" option, simply use AAFDisable with the aafSaveValue constant.
- to disable the input history options, simply use AAFDisable with the aafHistoryInput constant.
Configuring the input history
In the "Details" tab of the Edit control description, you can specify that:
- the value in the control must be saved.
- the input history must be enabled.
In this case, the options of the context menu will be automatically checked for the current control.