- "Languages" tab
- Project languages
- Linguistic options
Project description: Languages tab
The project description window allows you to configure various elements of your project. This window includes the following tabs:
- The "Project" tab, which allows you to enter general information about the project
- The "Analysis" tab, which is used to associate an analysis with the project and/or with a UML model
- The "Files" tab, which allows you to enter information about the data files used by the application (only if the project is bound to an analysis).
- The "Live data" tab, which allows you to configure how the data from the data files is displayed in the different editors.
- The "Languages" tab, which is used to configure the different languages used by the project as well as the options to be used for each language.
- The "Style" tab, which allows you to customize the print preview and to choose the skin template theme and custom style sheet. You can also configure screen sizes.
- The "Group" tab, which is used to manage teamwork (SCM or GIT).
- The "Options" tab, which allows you to configure the template update, backup and synchronization options. This tab is also used to enable the strict mode and to define the code style.
- The "Advanced" tab, which allows you to configure how to use "Reports & Queries", AAFs and how to lock the application.
- The "Compilation" tab, which allows you to configure the compilation options.
- The "Telemetry" tab, which allows you to configure the telemetry options for the project.
This option is not available.
This tab is used to manage the characteristics of the project languages.
To add a new language into the project:
- Click the "Add" button.
- In the window that is displayed, select the different languages supported by the project.
- If the requested language is not displayed in the list, you have the ability to select an additional language (the additional languages are displayed in the lower part of the window).
- To name an additional language, click the requested language and type its name in the "Name of custom languages" area.
- Validate. The different languages are added into the list of project languages.
- The selected languages will be proposed when entering information about the different elements that can be translated (captions of controls, menu options, help message associated with a control, ...). The display order of these languages is identical to the one of the list of project languages.
This order can be modified via the arrow buttons found below the list of project languages.
- When changing the project language, changes will be automatically taken into account:
- any new object created in the different editors (Window, Report, Control, ...).
- any element opened in the different editors (Window, Report, ...).
- The default language (identified with the number "1") corresponds to the language used by default at runtime. To modify it, use the context menu of the language that will be used by default.
- The "Change language immediately after the call to WLanguage Nation function" option allows you to directly change the language used by the executable after using Nation (in this case, Use is no longer necessary to apply the new language).
- The "Automatically select the system language when starting the application" option allows using the user's system language by default.
- The "Use the language requested by the browser if available" option opens the WEBDEV site directly in the language of the user's browser.
The display of the numeric data found in the project (number, currency, date, ...) can be configured in each language supported by the project.
The parameters used by default are the ones defined in the Windows language options (accessible from the Windows control panel).
To configure these options:
- Select the requested language in the left section of screen.
- Select the tab corresponding to the element to configure (number, currency, ...).
- Modify the desired parameters and validate.
Remark: A button is used to reinitialize the parameters with the default values.
When creating an edit control or a column in a Table control that displays numeric data (number, currency, date, time, etc.), the input mask applied will be the mask defined in the project language options. This option is available in windows and pages.
At runtime, when an edit control or a table column has a mask "Defined by the project", the input/display mask will automatically adapt according to the options selected in the project for the language displayed at runtime.
Remark: The "Various" option is used to define:
- the writing direction.
- the character set used.
- the WDM translation file.
The following linguistic options are supported:
- Decimal separator (number and currency)
- Thousand separator (number and currency)
- Currency symbol
- Time format
- Date format
- Day and Month
- Unit for the file size
This page is also available for…