- Project tab
- Spelling checker
- Template synchronization
- Page generation
- Development in strict mode
- Code style
Project description: Options tab
The project description window allows you to configure various elements of your project. This window includes the following tabs:
- The "Project" tab, which allows you to enter general information about the project
- The "Analysis" tab, which is used to associate an analysis with the project and/or with a UML model
- The "Files" tab, which allows you to enter information about the data files used by the application (only if the project is bound to an analysis).
- The "Live data" tab, which allows you to configure how the data from the data files is displayed in the different editors.
- The "Languages" tab, which is used to configure the different languages used by the project as well as the options to be used for each language.
- The "Style" tab, which allows you to customize the print preview and to choose the skin template theme and the custom style sheet. You can also configure screen sizes.
- The "Group" tab, which is used to manage teamwork (SCM or GIT).
- The "Options" tab, which allows you to configure the template update, backup and synchronization options. This tab is also used to enable the strict mode and to define the code style.
- The "Advanced" tab, which allows you to configure how to use "Reports & Queries", AAFs and how to lock the application.
- The "Compilation" tab, which allows you to configure the compilation options.
- The "Telemetry" tab, which allows you to configure the telemetry options for the project.
This option is not available.
The following are diverse options:
- "Ask for the location of the new elements in the project": If this option is selected, the location of a new element is automatically requested to save it in the project.
- "Generate all the configurations in the "Exe" directory (not recommended if several configurations)": If this option is selected, all configurations will be generated in the same directory. If this option is not selected, each project configuration will be generated in a subdirectory of the project's 'Exe' directory. This generation subdirectory will have the same name as the project configuration subdirectory.
- "Include the new elements only in the current configuration": If this option is selected, all new project elements will automatically be included only in the current project configuration in the editor.
This option allows you to:
- Choose the spelling checker used. This spelling checker will be used by default to correct the spelling in edit controls and Word Processing controls.
- "Automatically copy the dictionaries to the generation directory": If this option is selected, the dictionaries corresponding to the languages of the application will be automatically copied into the generation directory when the application is generated.
The "Synchronize templates during generation" option allows you to automate the synchronization of control, window, page or report templates when generating the application.
The option "Generate HTML pages in the current language for the test mode" reduces the WEBDEV-page-to-HTML-page generation time during a test (GO) by taking into account only the current language.
Development in strict mode
Strict mode development consists in using the tasks defined in the Project Monitoring Center for development.
If "Enable strict mode" is selected, the developer won't be able to modify an element of the project without previously selecting the task affected by the modifications.
A code style is used to automatically prefix the name of all the variables and project elements (windows, report controls, classes, etc.). This automatic prefixing allows you to easily identify and/or find an element of a given type.
To use the code style in the project, simply select "Automatically prefix the variables and the elements found in the project". You can:
- choose the desired code style.
The "Create a code style" and "Edit code style" buttons allow you to create and customize your own code style.
- automatically add (or not) the prefixes ("Add prefixes automatically" option).
- generate a UI error if an invalid prefix is used ("Throw a UI compilation error if a control has the wrong prefix").
This page is also available for…