- Creating a group of controls
- Viewing the controls of a group
- Assigning a control to a group
- Modifying the name of a group
A group of controls is a set of controls grouped together in order for their characteristics (their visible status for example) to be modified (or checked) in a single operation through programming. A menu option can also be associated with a group of controls.
In the window editor, page editor or report editor, all the controls of all the groups are displayed: therefore, some controls may be overlaid.
The same control can be associated with several groups.
Example: To make several controls invisible, all you have to do is make the group invisible. In a health-care form for example, some controls may relate to men while others may relate to women. Grouping the related controls together allows you to make them visible or invisible according to the gender of the user.
Creating a group of controls
Viewing the controls of a group
Assigning a control to a group
To assign a control to a group:
- specify the name of the group during the control description ("Details" tab or "UI" tab).
- select the controls and select "Group .. Associate the selection" in the context menu. Choose the name of the group or create a new group.
Modifying the name of a group
This page is also available for…