- Overview of the Word Processing control
- Creating a Word Processing control
- Characteristics of Word Processing control
The Word Processing control
Overview of the Word Processing control
The "Word processing" control is an advanced control that allows the end user to create and edit documents in docx format directly on a WINDEV application. There are many advantages: time saving, consistent interface, no other software to install/drive/manage.
This control allows you to:
- Open, create, modify and save "docx" files,
- Convert docx files to PDF or to HTML to send emails,
- Manage images and tables,
- Manage text areas,
- Save documents in HFSQL databases,
- Use a spelling checker,
- Perform prints, ...
Several keyboard shortcuts are also available:
|Ctrl + A||Selects the entire text. ||Ctrl + C||Copies the selection to the clipboard. |
|Ctrl + F||Starts the search.||Ctrl + G||Makes the selection bold|
|Ctrl + H||Starts find/replace||Ctrl + I||Italicizes the selection|
|Ctrl + S ||Saves the document||Ctrl + U||Switches the selection to underlined|
|Ctrl + V||Pastes the content of the clipboard. ||Ctrl + X||Cust the selection and places it in the clipboard. |
|Ctrl + Y||Redoes the last action. ||Ctrl + Z||Undoes the last action. |
|Ctrl + mouse wheel||Changes the zoom.||Ctrl + 0||Sets zoom at 100%|
|Ctrl + home||Moves to the beginning of the document.||Ctrl + End||Moves to the end of the document.|
|Page Up||Displays the previous page.||Page Down||Displays the next page. |
Creating a Word Processing control
To create a Word Processing control
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Graphic controls" group, expand "Office" and click "Word processing".
- Click at the desired location to create the control.
Remark: The dimensions of the control are optimized to take up the available space at the specified position. If the control size does not suit you, press Ctrl + Z: the control size will be reset to default.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Characteristics of Word Processing control
The "General" tab in the description window of the Word Processing control proposes the following options:
- Initial document: Used to indicate the initial document displayed in the Word Processing control.
- With ribbon: Indicates whether the ribbon must be displayed or not. If the ribbon must be displayed, you can specify the ribbon used via "Ribbon source IW".
If "Ribbon source IW" corresponds to:
You also have the ability to apply the project skin-template.
- "None": the ribbon proposed by default will be used.
- "Preset window": the ribbon proposed by default can be customized.
Simply select the default preset window in "Ribbon source IW". In this case, the "IW_WinDevAAF_WPBar" window is automatically included in your project. This internal window (available in English and French) can be modified according to your needs. This window contains all the code required to manage the Word Processing control. It is recommended to check for UI errors and make sure the window works properly after any change is made.
- Project internal window: Allows you to use an internal window to propose a specific ribbon.
Any internal window of your project can be used to create this bar.
- Allow change of document (Open, New, etc.): Adapts the ribbon to allow the user to handle external documents. This option is used to display the "New", "Open" and "Save" buttons of ribbon. If this option is checked, the document opening and backup must be performed by the application.
Remark: This option is ignored if the ribbon is entirely customized (with an internal window of application for example).
- Limit the edit to simplify the HTML export: Adapts the ribbon and the display of document to only display the options taken into account by the HTML export. If this option is checked:
- the following options are not available:
- Management of headers and footers,
- Management of page layout,
- Management of page breaks.
- the document is forced to be displayed in "Display for the Web" mode.
- Enable [Check spelling] by default: Specifies whether the spelling checker should be enabled. For more details, see Check spelling based on Hunspell dictionaries.
- Automatically detect and format links: Enables automatic detection of links (http) present in the document displayed in the control. In this case, links are detected during input, after pressing Space, Tab or Enter. If these links are valid, they can be opened with Ctrl + Click.
Remark: This option is checked by default.
Caution: This control cannot display or accept input of characters from right to left.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The Word Processing control