- "Drag and Drop"
- Windows Vista (and later)
In french: ExplorerAccepte
Enables or disables the ability to perform "Drag and Drop" from the Windows explorer to a WINDEV window or control.
// Initialize dialog for the entire window
// Initialize dialog so that a single control is the target of the Drag & Drop
// The project code must have the following declaration:
// EXTERN "WinConst.wl"
// WM_DROPFILES event to get the number of dropped elements
// This information is returned by ExplorerRetrieve
Event("DragAndDrop", "IMG_NoName1", WM_DROPFILES)
New in version 28
// Drag and Drop with the Windows explorer: activation
ExplorerAccept(True, STC_ZONE_DROP, Call_backExplorerAccept)
INTERNAL PROCEDURE Call_backExplorerAccept(NumberOfFiles is int,
ListOfFiles is string)
i is int
FOR i = 1 TO NumberOfFiles
FileName is string
FileName = ExtractString(ListOfFiles, i, CR)
ExplorerAccept([<Drag and Drop> [, <Control or Window> [, <WLanguage procedure>]]])
<Drag and Drop>: Optional boolean
- True (default value) to allow Drag and Drop operations from the explorer,
- False otherwise (Drag and Drop not allowed).
<Control or Window>: Control name or window name
Name of the control or window used for "Drag and Drop".
If this parameter is not specified, the "Drag and Drop" will be performed with the current window (by default).
<WLanguage procedure>: Procedure name
New in version 28
Name of the WLanguage procedure ("callback") called during a drag and drop operation. This procedure gets the number and the list of files handled. For more details on this procedure, see Parameters of the procedure used by ExplorerAccept
- If the <WLanguage procedure> parameter is not used: Once ExplorerAccept has been executed, the explorer sends the WM_DROPFILES event to the specified window or control. The information coming from the explorer can be retrieved by ExplorerRetrieve.
- Caution: With the MDI child windows, the name of the window used for "Drag and Drop" must be specified.
Windows Vista (and later)
In Windows Vista (and later) with the UAC
mechanism enabled, "Drag & Drop" is not allowed by the system in the following cases:
- If the executable is started from Windows with "Run as Administrator",
- If the executable is created with a manifest giving it the administrator privileges.
Business / UI classification: UI Code
This page is also available for…