- How to perform a multiple generation?
- Tip: How to find out the project configuration through programming?
Project configurations are used to easily define the different "targets" of your project. For the same project, you have the ability to define the executables, libraries, Webservices, .Net assemblies, ...
To generate the result of each configuration, you can select the requested configuration in the "Project explorer" pane and generate the corresponding program (the generation icon is automatically adapted to the configuration selected in the quick access buttons).
There is a faster method: the multiple generation. You can select all the configurations to be generated at the same time to obtain the corresponding programs immediately.
How to perform a multiple generation?
To generate the results of several configurations:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Generation" group, click "Multiple generation".
- In the window that is displayed, select the configuration that will be generated.
- Validate. The generation of the different configurations is performed.
- If a generation was already performed for a configuration, the last parameters of this generation are taken into account.
- If no generation was performed for a configuration, the default parameters are taken into account.
- Configuration associated with a component: the component must have been created in order to be generated via the multiple generation.
- You have the ability to use different generation directories for each configuration. In this case, each directory will contain the files generated by a single configuration. There is no risk of overwriting files. All the files belonging to a configuration can be easily retrieved. For more details, see Project configuration.
Tip: How to find out the project configuration through programming?
To know which project configuration is being used, simply use ProjectInfo
with the piConfiguration
This page is also available for…