- Project tab
- Project details
- Type of site
- Google Analytics
- Google Maps API license
- Configuration description
Project description: Project tab
The project description window allows you to configure various elements of your project. This window includes the following tabs:
- The "Project" tab, which allows you to enter general information about the project
- The "Analysis" tab, which is used to associate an analysis with the project and/or with a UML model
- The "Files" tab, which allows you to enter information about the data files used by the application (only if the project is bound to an analysis).
- The "Live data" tab, which allows you to configure how the data from the data files is displayed in the different editors.
- The "Languages" tab, which is used to configure the different languages used by the project as well as the options to be used for each language.
- The "Style" tab, which allows you to customize the print preview and to choose the skin template theme and custom style sheet. You can also configure screen sizes.
- The "Group" tab, which is used to manage teamwork (SCM or GIT).
- The "Options" tab, which allows you to configure the template update, backup and synchronization options. This tab is also used to enable the strict mode and to define the code style. The "Options" tab, which allows you to configure the template update, backup and synchronization options. This tab is also used to enable the strict mode and to define the code style.
- The "Advanced" tab, which allows you to configure how to use "Reports & Queries", AAFs and how to lock the application.
- The "Compilation" tab, which allows you to configure the compilation options.
- The "Telemetry" tab, which allows you to configure the telemetry options for the project.
This option is not available.
The information about the project affects:
- the name and directory of project. This information cannot be modified. To change the project directory, we advise you to copy the project via the Windows explorer.
- the project description: This control allows you to specify the purpose of the project. This description will be used in the project documentation.
- the directory of task list. For more details, see Task list.
- Site icon. Used to define the site icon (favicon).
Type of site
Options used to enable the implementation of the SaaS features in the project. For more details, see Developing a SaaS site
The "Platform description" button is used to define the development platform of the WINDEV Mobile project. For more details, see Execution platform
WEBDEV automatically includes in your sites the trackers required to collect statistics in Google Analytics.
To link Google Analytics and your site, you must:
- Define an account in Google Analytics. This account must be linked to your site.
- Retrieve the Google Analytics tracking identifier associated with your account.
- In the description window of the WEBDEV project, enter:
- the tracking ID.
New in version 28
the management method used: Universal Analytics ou Google Analytics 4.
- Deploy the WEBDEV project.
On July 1, 2023, Google Analytics is moving from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4. WEBDEV 28 supports both versions. The WLanguage functions have been adapted. For existing projects, mode by Default corresponds to Universal Analytics by Default. For new projects, Default's mode corresponds to Google Analytics 4.
Google Maps API license
A license key is required to use the Google mapping service..
A Google Developer account is required to get a Google Maps API key. Refer to the Google license to learn more about the terms of service (free or paid service, usage quota, etc.).
Google developer account generates a Google Maps key. This key can be specified in the project's description or via the MapLicenseGgl
The "Description of current configuration" button is used to access the options of the current configuration. For more details, see Project configuration
This page is also available for…